HTG HUB Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of our HTG community and our community platform – The HUB. The HUB is provided as a service for the members of HTG Peer Groups. The HUB is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversation. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established the following rules and guidelines. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and shall follow these rules and guidelines.
These rules and guidelines supplement those found in the following agreements and policies. By using the HTG HUB you agree to follow these agreements and policies, where applicable:
Any questions you have should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on the HUB itself should be directed to our helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Use
- Engage in stimulating discussions and share helpful comments.
- Respect others and let them have their say.
- Add to the body of knowledge.
- Stay focused on issues.
- Avoid personal attacks or other destructive language.
- Do not post commercial messages as they may be removed.
- Do not post anything you do not want the world to see or know came from you.
- Do comply with the provisions set forth below under Legal Considerations.
Discussion Group Guidelines
- Include a signature tag on all messages which includes your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This makes it easier to respond and later search by subject.
- Post your message or documents in the most appropriate list or library. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message
- Include in your reply only relevant portions of the original message. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individual senders, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link.
- Use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Do Not Post:
any defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal materials.
any confidential information that is subject to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and/or any other government regulation.
any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner
anything which encourages or facilitates any agreement that expressly or impliedly leads to wage or price fixing, a boycott of another member’s or vendor’s business, or otherwise illegally restrains or restricts free trade.
Use of Your Posts
By posting you grant to HTG Peer Groups and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to use, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, and print such information or other material without compensation paid to you.
Removal of Your Posts
We reserve the right to reject or remove any message for any reason. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention, we will take appropriate action, including removal of the posting.
Termination of Your Use
HTG Peer Groups reserves the right to terminate your access for not complying with these guidelines.
Heartland Tech Group, LLC, d/b/a HTG Peer Groups is not responsible for the content, opinions and information posted on the HUB (collectively referred to herein as “Content”). The Content is provided to you “as is” and HTG disclaims any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. HTG also does not guarantee the Content, or any party thereof, are free of viral infection, or other code manifesting contaminating or destructive properties.
You acknowledge that we make no claims as to the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, or suitability of the Content for any purpose (including, without limitation, improving operations, company growth or profitability, any purchase or sale of a business, investment purposes, or formal valuation).
You assume all risk and sole responsibility for the selection of the Content to achieve your intended results. The opinions expressed in the Content is subject to change without notice.
Limitation of Liability
You unconditionally release HTG from damages of any kind, including without limitation, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods and services, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, business interruption and loss of programs or information) however caused and on any theory of liability (including negligence), arising out of your use of, inability to use, or reliance upon the Content, or for any claims you may have attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the Content or interpretations thereof. To the extent you have direct damages as a result of the Content, our liability shall not exceed One Hundred Dollars ($100.00)